The average car air conditioning services cost is $1,829. Car air conditioning services ranged from $1,000 to $3,700 in 2018-2019 according to CostHelper.
If you are looking for car air conditioning services, this post should help. Prices vary enormously depending on the cost of parts and the labor needing to be carried out.
- The average cost to have a technician inspect and evaluate the air conditioner is $200. Technician inspection and evaluation range from $100 to $300 in 2018-2019. This will include checking, the belts, connections and all hoses and adding needed refrigerant, maybe with dye to help detect leaks or if you are low on refrigerant, giving it a recharge by draining the older refrigerant and replacing it. A technician cannot determine how much coolant may be required so it is common for shops to charge a flat fee for this. others may have a labor fee and a refrigerant fee. The average cost to have your air conditioning checked and either recharged or topped off is $162. The cost to have your air conditioning checked and either recharged or topped off is $115 to $260 in 2018-2019 according to CostHelper.
- The average cost for minor repairs to a vehicles air conditioning system and recharging is $475. Minor repairs to a vehicles air conditioning system and recharging ranged from $150 to $800 in 2018-2019. These services usually include replacing minor parts like sensors, ac hoses or the condenser or compressor.
- The average cost for extensive car air conditioning repairs is $2500. Extensive car air conditioning repairs ranged from $1,000 to $4,000 in 2018-2019. Much of the costs depends on the model and make of the car as well as what needs replacing condenser, compressor, sensors, hoses, belts, valves and switches and finally recharging the refrigerant. When working on cars built before 1995, the refrigerant used will have to be converted to a kind that meets modern-day environmental standards.
- The average cost for the installation of air conditioning in a vehicle that does not have air conditioning is $2750. Installation of air conditioning in a vehicle that does not have air conditioning ranged from $1,500 to $4,000 (and sometimes even more.) This takes all the expertise of a skilled professional technician so there may also be substantial labor fees associated with this.
What Should Be Included?
- Motorized vehicle air conditioning repairs are governed by state and federal environmental regulations, originally from the Environmental Protection Agency who are concerned with how automotive air conditioning affects climate change. This must be done by a certified technician using specialized equipment.
- Part of the repair process is locating and stopping leaks, therefore it can take several attempts to locate, especially if the leak is in a hard to reach area. The EPA can explain the differences between topping off and recharging.
- When adding air conditioning to a vehicle lacking one, it usually includes cutting through the firewall, installing new under the hood components, replacing the heater core, adapting the current ventilation controls and modifying the dashboard.
- For vehicles built before 1995, the average cost of conversion from CFC-12 refrigerant (known as Freon) to a modern day equivalent is: $450. The average cost of conversion from CFC-12 refrigerant (known as Freon) to a modern day equivalent ranges from $100 to $800 depending on the model, make and age of the automobile. The EPA claims if this is done with other repair work, it should cost less than $200.
Are You Looking For Car Air Conditioning Services In Chandler and Tempe?
Since 1989 local residents of Chandler & Tempe, Arizona residents have come to know the name of AZ Auto Air for car ac repair and maintenance. We are a family-owned shop whose philosophy in auto repair is to find your car’s problems and fix them correctly the first time. We know that everyone loves their car, so we treat every car repair at AZ Auto Air like our own. Auto repair has never been easier when you use a friendly shop that cares about you as a person. To us you are more than just another number and that is a reputation we are constantly proud of.
AZ Auto Air looks forward to serving your general auto repair needs. You may also conveniently take advantage of our auto repair services from Mesa, Gilbert, and Tempe. We are rated as one of the best repair garages in Arizona and take pride in the vehicle repair services we offer. Don’t let your car go without the repairs it needs. You will understand why our customers leave with a smile on their faces when your car drives the way it’s supposed to. Take advantage of a quality, family-owned repair shop that has served the Phoenix metro area since 1989. See you soon.